Eight senators have been named as majority and minority leaders for the 10th Senate by Senate President Godswill Akpabio.
While the minority leaders come from various opposition groups, the majority leaders are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), which is now in power.
Concerns that there might be a conflict of interest between parliamentarians who are close to the Presidency and those who are running independently have been allayed by the announcement of the major officials.
This is the list of the principal officers for the 10th Senate:
1. Opeyemi Bamidele – Senate Majority Leader (Ekiti Central, APC)
2. Dave Umahi – Deputy Majority Leader (Ebonyi South, APC)
3. Ali Ndume – Chief Whip (Borno South, APC)
4. Lola Ashiru – Deputy Whip (Kwara South, APC)
1. Mwadkwon Davou – Senate Minority Leader (Plateau North, PDP)
2. Kamorudeen Olarere – Deputy Minority Leader (Osun West, PDP)
3. Darlington Nwokeocha – Senate Minority Whip (Abia Central, LP)
4. Rufai Hanga – Deputy Minority Whip ( Kano Central, NNPP)
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of OHAFIATV News or any employee thereof. Also, every opinion expressed in any article is strictly that of the author(s), except where otherwise stated.