The Labour Party candidate for Arochuwku/Ohafia Fed Constituency in the 2023 General election, Honourable Ibe Okwara Osonwa, has revealed that he will do more to improve the human capital development of the constituency if elected as their representative.
This was disclosed in a brief key points pointer to his manifesto which will be revealed in no distant time for public consumption and perusal.
The brief leveled by his formidable media team states thus;
MANIFESTO PLEDGE ON HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
• Legislation for more emphasis on human capital development towards accelerating the economic growth for the constituency, state, and the nation at large.
• Vocational Empowerment Training Programmes – This will be aimed at creating employable youths, women, and men still in their productive age to boost the economy of the constituency, albeit, the state.
• Accessibility to IT – Information Technology is the cash cow of every economy in modern times. It is no more secret that the Labour Party mandate as headed by Mr. Peter Obi is technology driven and therefore Arochukwu/Ohafia Constituency will key in under my dedicated watch.
• Computer/Tech Empowerment Training Programmes – Like its sister field, IT, computer programs will be given the needed attention to drive development, and empower eligible youths.
• Advocating for ICT training in Primary & Secondary Schools – The concept of catching them young shall be my primary focus during my administration as I will ensure the basic foundation for ICT and Computer Training is laid at the basic rung of the academic ladder, the Primary stage. This will make room for more ICT-inclined students at Primary and Secondary through to the University level.
• Business incubation centers supporting small-scale local businesses – The world’s most successful economies are run by SMEs, this will form the cardinal focus of my policies for my consistency because when you empower small/Medium scale businesses you would’ve built a constituency that can fend for herself.
He assured me that the manifesto will be detailed and all-encompassing.