Speech by Dr. Ukpai Iro Ukpai, Governorship Candidate of the NNPP Abia State at the Unveiling of the Carpenters by Abia Christian Community ACC at Heritage Hotel Aba, December 2.
1) It’s with subdued joy but humility that I stand before you all today to accept my adoption by Abia Christian Community ACC who’s been faithfully pursuing the redemption of Abia State. I congratulate all the Candidates who have also been adopted. Thank you, ACC for raising your voice today. The 2023 election in Abia State is one like no other!
2) Take time to look at the Bible. You will find that God’s always been involved in power transitions, political and spiritual.
3) During power transitions, fiery zeal, understanding, leadership, obedience, and sacrifice, and worship play significant roles.
Check Exodus 14: Moses and Israel crossing the red sea; Num 25:1-13: Phinehas purified Israel with his zeal and earned his family permanent priesthood; 1 Chr 12:32: children of Issachar understand the transition and act; etc. Esther and Mordecai, Abraham and Isaac, Elijah and Elisha – are all symbols of obedience and sacrifice when it mattered most.
4) The questions of what’s really wrong with Abia State, and why’s Abia State the worst governed state in Nigeria are now found in many minds in Nigeria. The solution to the complex questions seems simple but not easily within grasp. From our research, the solution to Abia’s complex problem is depicted by two sides of a coin, the spiritual side, and the governance side. You cannot fix Abia State without first fixing her spiritual problems. ACC and more Abians have started proclaiming this truth. I pray Abians to grasp this truth as we have only 100 days less 2 to redemption time. The 2023 election for Abia State is a special election. This election must redefine Abia State.
5) Abia must first be redeemed before her prosperity before Abians start enjoying good governance. Another way of stating this for us NNPP progressives is that we must sort Abia out spiritually then we’ll start to eat the good fresh fruits of the land. We in Abia State must move from wicked idolatry to Godliness before our efforts at good governance will create a meaningful impact.
6) Beloved Abians, you can draw from today’s event that we are already equipped to partner with all Godly Abians to provide the spiritual solution but we also have what the other side of the coin requires. Our Glorious Manifesto will drive down poverty. We will employ digital technology to harness the billions of economic activities our people are able to generate, therewith creating jobs massively, and wholesomely securing Food and Agric, Education, Health, and Lives and property. Our Glorious Manifesto especially takes care of our Youths, and the over 70% of our population languishing in poverty in our rural areas. I will show Abians uncommon love and care, never before experienced.
7) The Abia Christians, not just ACC, must be conscious that the journey towards Abia’s redemption has only just commenced. The assignment is a minimum of 24 years long. We are only 3 months to the decisive crossing of the red sea of Abia politics.
8) To Abians, listen and be careful to obey the instructions given by your spiritual Moses’. We are leaving Egypt to go worship the God of God’s own State.
Remember our Pan and Fresh fruits Thursday, March 9, 2023, at 8 pm Nigeria time. Join other Abians to prepare for our crossing the red sea of Abia politics. Inform other Abians to join in the March 9 event wherever they are in the world. Then, on March 11, 2023, get up early, 8 am, take your PVC, go to your polling unit, and vote for Dr. Ukpai of NNPP for Governor of Abia State; wait to make sure your vote is counted. Then prepare for we must go to pray to the God of God’s own State.
9) To the Abia politicians who still do not understand that the times are different, I say leave my people and let them go.
10) To all Abia Christians, from Isuochi to Ekwereazu, and from Amangwu to Ngwaiyiekwe, the journey before us requires Phinehasian zeal and passion, Isacharian understanding and Action, Mosesian leadership, Abrahamic obedience and fatherhood, and Christ-like sacrifice.
Like David asked the Leaders of Israel in 1 Chr 29:5, I ask Abia Christian Leaders: “Now, who is willing to consecrate themselves to the Lord today?”
I ask you directly, are you ready to show God your zeal and passion at this time, to provide atonement for Abia State and save her from an angry God?
11) As for me, you can go home relaxed that I am available as your Isaac when we get to Gilgal and your David against the Goliath we face. Just allow me to go with my five stones, the purse, and the catapult. Whether the Devil likes it or not, Abia State must be redeemed this time around!
May God bless you all.
May God bless Abia State.
May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.