…… Sexual harassment in Aba South LGA, in Defense of Truth.
The attention of Aba Women for Good Governance has been drawn to the news making the rounds on Social and other media platforms in Aba, and Abia in general, on the alleged sexual harassment melted on the Deputy Chairman, Aba South LGA, Hon Princess Peace Nwaobilor by the Chairman Aba south LGA, Hon Clinton Ebere.
We wish to set the record straight and inform our People of the true situation of events.
- We have it on record that the Honourable Chairman Aba South LGA, Hon. Clinton Ebere, in his quest to silence his Deputy and render her irrelevant in the media and public space, gathered some Bloggers to brief them on issues of personal interest, and promised to pay them hugely but eventually reneged on his promise to them.
- The aggrieved bloggers who felt used by the Chairman published a concocted interview where it was alleged the Deputy Chairman Hon. PRINCESS NWAOBILOR accused the Chairman of Sexually harassing her.
- We wish to STATE categorically that at NO TIME DID PRINCESS NWAOBILOR GRANT ANY INTERVIEW TO BLOGGERS ACCUSING THE CHAIRMAN OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT, IT WAS THE CHAIRMAN HIMSELF WHO INVITED BLOGGERS TO INTERVIEW HIM.
- In as much as we don’t want to join issues with the chairman and the Blogger whom he failed to pay and who is on a revenge mission against the Chairman, we want to appeal to his conscience to allow a virtuous Woman to do the job she was elected by the people of Aba to do.
- Aba Women are known for good conduct and uprightness and we will not allow our fellow women to be ridiculed in the game of Politics and in the name of being loyal to the Chairman. She has committed no crime.
- That the Chairman should see his Deputy as a Partner in progress and not as an adversary.
- That the Chairman should stop the intimidation of his Deputy, he is not the only Chairman in Abia with a Female Deputy. If this Media harassment by the Chairman continues against his Deputy, we will mobilize other Women of goodwill in Aba and beyond and walk down to Aba town Hall naked, so that he will have a taste of us one after the other since he can’t zip up.
- We have also received a lot of sexual harassment complaints and reports from Women in the Council. This is very disturbing as some of the women have also made the same complaints to Party leaders in Aba.
- We commend the Deputy Chairman Hon. Princess Nwaobilor for her candor in handling the situation so far even as We all await the report of the Committee set up by the Governor to investigate this issue.
- Women are known for peace and that is our watchword.
- We are happy with the performance of Hon. Princess Peace Nwaobilor in her effort to reach out to the women and Aba people in General, our Husbands and children are grateful to her for providing medical assistance to our people and empowering our women.
God bless you.
Long live Aba la ohazu
Long live Aba women
Long live Abia state.
LAND FOR SALE (Buy peace of mind, invest on Igbo land now, Aba precisely)
4 Plots of land at Osisioma LGA at N700,000 per plot
3 plots of land at N650,000,000 (Location – Osisioma Aba)
2 plots of land at N650,000.
(HOT) 20 plots with Agric palm trees at N600,000 per plot.
Interested Buyers can follow this link HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP, or call 08082149747, 08152589121
Mrs. Ngozi Jolly
Lady Goodness Chigbu
Mrs. Rebecca Dennis
Mrs. Kalu O. Kalu